USB Overdrive 5.0 beta 2 is ready for macOS 11.1 Big Sur.
This is a preliminary beta version for Big Sur only. Please read the notes carefully and uninstall any previous version of the USB Overdrive before installing this one.
Note that the USB Overdrive does not handle any Apple mouse, trackpad or keyboard. Apple devices have custom support in macOS and they would miss some functionality if taken over by the USB Overdrive.
New in version 5.0 beta 2:
- Rewritten as a System Extension to work in Big Sur
- Moved from System Preferences to the Applications folder
- New mouse acceleration curves (work in progress)
- Added support for various devices that were not supported in 4.0.1
System requirements for version 5.0 beta 2:
- macOS 11.1 Big Sur
USB Overdrive 4.0.1 is available for macOS 10 Catalina.
The previous release of the USB Overdrive works great in macOS 10.15 Catalina and still supports macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.12 Sierra and 10.11 El Capitan. It works with USB and Bluetooth mice, keyboards, trackballs, trackpads, joysticks, gamepads and gaming devices from almost any vendor.
New in version 4.0.1:
- Now compatible with Catalina
- Works with Bluetooth Smart (aka Bluetooth LE) devices
- New separate Line and Pixel speeds for Accelerated scrolling
- Improved support for Logitech Bluetooth mouse devices
- Various fixes and updates for minor issues in 4.0
System requirements for version 4.0.1:
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- macOS 10.11 El Capitan
Support for older macOS releases:
- Please visit the Downloads page to find a version of the USB Overdrive that works on your system.